The Colt M1911 is a semi-automatic pistol that originated in the United States. The pistol was first produced back in 1911 by the Colt Manufacturing Company, chambering the .45 ACP (11.43x23mm) cartridge. The weapon was used by the US Army in 2 major world wars and remains a well liked and popular sidearm in it's caliber to date.
The Mummy (1999)
The Colt M1911 was seen in the hands of several people throughout the film The Mummy.
- Richard O'Connell: Richard O'Connell is known to have been the first one to be seen with the pistol in his hand. In fact he utilized 2 during his time as a member of the French Foreign Legions. After getting his arsenal back, he only possessed one M1911 and was seen with it on the barge heading down the Nile.
- Jonathon Carnahan: During the raid on the camp at Hamunaptra by the Medjai, Jonathan Carnahan took up Rick's only remaining Colt M1911 and shot several Medjai before cowering from Ardeth Bay.
- Bernard Burns: The final person to be shown carrying a Colt M1911 would be Bernard Burns. He was seen utilizing the pistol during the attack on the barge by the Medjai, the raid on their camp at Hamunaptra and was finally seen holding it blindly at Imhotep.
The Mummy Returns (2001)
In The Mummy Returns, the Colt M1911 came back, only this time as it's variant, the Colt M1911A1. This gun was seen in the hands on only a couple of people.
- Richard O'Connell: Rick is shown to once again have the use of the 1911 pistol throughout the whole movie. After losing his Chamelot-Delvigne Model 1873 revolvers at Hamunaptra, Rick utilized 2 of these pistols.
- Evelyn O'Connell While shooting up the British museum, Rick hands his wife Evelyn O'Connell one of his Colt M1911A1 pistols for her to use while they fought their way out of the small army of cultists.